Levy and McRae is committed to safeguarding the privacy of the personal information that is provided or collected during the course of our business as well as the personal information we receive from visitors to Levy and McRae website and any associated websites under our control.
Personal information is collected about you includes name, address, email address, telephone numbers, nationality, business interests, employment history, business interests, employment history, financial status etc., includes but not limited to the following circumstances:
- When we agree to provide legal services to you or the organisation you work for
- When you request information from us or provide information to us
- When you apply for a role or work experience opportunity with us
- When you visit our websites
- When you or the organisation you work for are a counterparty of one or more of our clients
- When you complete any forms eg applications forms including any forms contained in our website
- If you are a former employee of the firm
- When you attend our seminars or any other events where we are participants.
We collect personal information directly from you, from our clients or other parties to a matter and their authorised representatives. We may also collect personal information from third parties such as your employer, other organisations that you have dealings with, regulators, government agencies, credit reporting agencies, publicly available records (including electronic data sources to carry out checks to enable us to comply with applicable law), information or service providers (some of whom may process your personal information on our behalf), recruitment agencies and other law firms or professional advisers. Your personal information may be collected in the firm's contact database when you register to receive legal updates or we otherwise receive your contact details.
We may contact you by telephone, post, email or fax. If you do not wish to be contacted by any of these methods please let us know.
We will rely upon the following legal bases to process personal data, necessary for the provision of legal services.
- Individual Clients – provision of legal services under the contract (Contract)
- Compliance with legal obligations as a regulated body to carry out identification and anti-money laundering checks on clients including corporate clients (Legal Obligation)
- Processing personal data to provide legal services where the individual is not a Levy and McRae Client (Legitimate Interest)
We may store your information indifferent places eg internal systems and secure servers. A Data Protection Policy is in place which outlines our obligations under data protection and how we comply with the requirements.
Transmission via the internet is not entirely secure, although we do what we can to secure your data. Any information transmitted is at your own risk. Strict measures are in place to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use your information
- We will only use your personal information if and to the extent that applicable law allows. We will therefore only process your personal information if we have one of the following legal basis to do so: It is necessary for the performance of a contract with your or the organisation you work for
- It is necessary in connection with a legal obligation
- You have given your consent (where necessary) to such use or the organisation you work for has obtained your consent (where necessary) to share your information with us
- If we (or a third party) have a legitimate interest which is not overridden by your interests or your rights and freedoms. Such legitimate interests include the provision of legal services, running the firm's business and marketing relevant services directly to you.
We will only process sensitive 'special category' personal information, for example race or disability, in compliance with one of the following conditions:
- You have given your consent to processing
- The processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity.
We may share your personal information with third parties who act for us in order to provide the information requested or fulfill the contract. All data is processed in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation. If personal data is transferred outwith the EU we will ensure that adequate safeguards in place.
Credit Card Payments
We may take payments via credit card or debit card either online or over the phone. Our processes are compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and no card details are stored by us.
You have certain rights that you can exercise in relation to the personal information that we hold. These rights are to:
- Request access to your personal information (known as a subject access request) and request certain information in relation to its processing
- Request rectification of your personal information
Data Protection Leader
Levy and McRae LLP
70 Wellington Street
If you have any questions about this policy or how we handle your personal information, please contact the Data Protection Leader as set out above.
If you are dissatisfied with how we handle your query, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues at ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone 0303 123 1113.